- Experts in the field of materials science for modern science-intensive enterprises that develop and introduce new materials and coatings into production.
A materials scientist is someone who studies materials, creates new and improves the properties of existing ones. Such specialists are in demand in a wide variety of areas – construction, energy, automobile, aircraft and mechanical engineering, space, defense, oil and gas industries.
You will learn how to do research and testing, learn all about the properties of materials, how they are influenced by micro and nanostructures. You will be ready to participate in the development of technologies for the production of new materials, coating processing and process control systems.
Having achieved bachelor’s degree, you will be able to continue studying materials science at the TPU master’s degree, including in English.
Skills and Competences
- develop structural and functional inorganic and organic materials, composites and hybrid materials, superhard and smart materials, nanomaterials, films and coatings
- test, diagnose and control the quality of materials
- simulate the behavior of materials, evaluate and predict their performance characteristics
- develop technological processes
- develop normative and technical documentation and certification systems for materials and products, technological processes for their receipt and processing
Internship and Employment Opportunities
- Institute of Strength Physics and Materials Science SB RAS, Tomsk
- MANEL, Tomsk
- ELSIB plant, Novosibirsk
- FAKEL design office, Kaliningrad
- SibMach Ltd, Tomsk
- ISS-Reshetnev Company, Zheleznogorsk
- All-Russian Research Institute of Experimental Physics, Sarov
- Polus Research and Production Center, Tomsk
- Chepetsky Mechanical Plant, Udmurt Republic
- AEM-technology Company
- Kazan Aircraft Production Association, TUPOLEV Corporation branch
- Progress Arsenyev Aviation Company
- Sarapul Electric Generators JSC
- Monocrystal Company, Stavropol
- KAMAZ, Tatarstan
- Ulan-Ude Aviation Plant, Buryatia
- UEC-Aviadvigatel Company, Perm
- S.P. Buyakova, Deputy Director for Research, Institute of Strength Physics and Materials Science, SB RAS